Monday, February 2, 2009

Golden Syrup Dumplings

I know it's hot, I know dessert, a hot dessert, is the last thing on anyone's mind when it's hot. Anyone's, except mine. I've been dreaming of sweets but the chocolate is all melty, ice creams are all melty, in fact, everything is all melty and icky! I don't like melty and icky. I like food that knows what it is, it follows the rules, it stays put! So, hot desserts that stay put are on my mind.

Rub together 1 cup SR flour, 1 tsp salt and 1 tbs butter or margarine until it resembles sand. Best use cold butter because once you're done rubbing it may have melted a little.

Add 1 egg and 2 - 3 tbs milk mixing until you have a stiff dough. Dollop into an ungreased casserole dish.

In a big jug mix 2 cups boiling water, 1 TBS butter or margarine, 1 TBS golden syrup (that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!) and 1/2 a cup of sugar. Pour it over the dumplings.

Bake for 30 minutes on 180 Celsius or 350 Fahrenheit.

Better than Nanna used to make!!

No comments: