Friday, November 14, 2008

Salad!

Mmmmm, salad......

Well, I looked through the last post and the spelling was atrocious, except where I deliberately misspelled, that's different.

Anyway, made a salad tonight. I roasted some beetroot the other day because I felt like it and it was cheap, didn't use it because by the time it was done I didn't want it anymore.

So, 200 grams fresh green beans
3 roasted or boiled and peeled baby beets wedged up
1/2 a packet hi fibre pasta (I used Vetta Gnocchi, which isn't really Gnocchi because it's dried, cup shaped stuff, but it's cute and it was on sale in Safeway)
100grams Fetta (I use Dodoni because it's real Fetta, you can use whatever you like)
2 soup spoons (genuine measurement I'm sure) salted baby capers, rinsed

Now, make your salad, on the plate throw the hot pasta, top with hot beans, top with cold wedged baby beets, crumble fetta over the top and sprinkle with capers.

In a deli near me I found a pack of tiny bottles for a total of $2.50, lemon oil, garlic oil, chili oil, olive oil and balsamic vinegar so I leave that on the table as a condiment. We dressed our salad at the table using this and it worked well. You could make a dressing of 1:1 parts oil and vinegar, add chili and/or garlic and/or lemon at will as it worked well (mixed my oils).

Total cost was something like $5 and it would have fed about 6 people had we not been pigs. All the veg was on sale as was the pasta.

PLUS, I can apparently make this one again. YAY!

Til next time.

xx

2 comments:

Natasha said...

*drool*

That's going to be on my table tonight for sure!

Ooh, you may be interested to note I am going through my mum's 'Black Box' of recipes and typing them all out... I've got quite a few that I'm sure you would enjoy - I'll email you a selection if you like :)

WitchOne said...

YES PLEASE!!